Sunday, November 11, 2007

What Hurts the Most


What hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts is one of my favorite music videos that I have ever seen. All the emotions that are portrayed in it grab my attention and the story line is one that people can relate to. I remember the first time I watched this video was a couple years back when the song became very popular. As I was sitting in my office at work, I was drawn to the teenage girl, who in a way reminded me of myself. The beginning began to make sense and the tears started flowing. I watched it over and over thinking that maybe the ending would be different, something would change to protect the teenage boy. It never changed, and the girl always ended up hurt and losing the one that she loved.
There are many music videos that have the same story line of having a close friend or relative dying. I think that this video draws attention to any age group because they can relate to losing someone close to them. I feel that the meaning of this video is that you shouldn’t take the ones you love for granted, as this could be their last day with you. After watching this, What hurts the most video, and really focusing on what the moral of the song was, I felt as if it really touched me.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I agree with what you said about this video. I think that it creates a lot of emotions in viewers and that a lot of people can relate to it, especially since most people have had to deal with the loss of someone they loved, who was taken away too early in life. It’s so sad to see how in love the couple was in the video and then see the affect that the loss of her loved one has on the girl. I definitely agree with you that the meaning of the video is that you shouldn’t take the ones you love for granted because you never know how much time you have with them. Watching the video almost gives me goose bumps just because of all the emotions it sparks.

Regina said...

I actually picked this video too, but I think I might have put it as one the worst videos, I don’t remember. Even so, I don’t think at all that it is a terrible video. I agree with you in the fact that I love this video and it is a great story. The beginning makes perfect sense and ties directly into the song. When I first heard this song I wouldn’t pick a video like this for it, but I love what they did. The reason I picked it as the worst video is because of how sad it is. I can feel tears coming to my eyes every time I watch this video. I feel bad for the girl, for the guy, and for her parents. It’s terrible.