Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Paris going to Jail

My thoughts when I was first watching this music video was why would someone make such a stupid video? Everything about it tuned me out of wanting to watch any more of it. The graphics were very fake and not up to date. The reason this video was one of the worst ones I have ever seen is because it is hard to make a connection with it. We understand that the story line is about Paris Hilton going to jail, but the person singing is not even here which makes it hard to believe what she is singing. Not only is the video horrible, but the song is as well. It is very hard for me to sit through and watch the video because of all the random scenes, with slutty clothes, creepy policeman, and the jail scenes.

I think celebrities are too exposed to the world, I mean who cares whether they like going to jail or not, and what their every move is in there? While watching the video, it gave me no new information that I have never heard from the news or a magazine. Paris Hilton should not be flaunted as much as she is, she is not a good role-model for young girls or anyone for that matter.

4 comments:

Ian said...

Wow. I had never seen that music video before and I am really glad that I hadn’t. I wish that I hadn’t seen it just now. I agree with you, that was probably one of the most annoying and pathetic music videos that I have ever seen. I really don’t understand the cops in the beginning of the video. Was Paris saying that she made a homemade video with a police officer too? That’s pretty crazy. It was hard for me to even get through the entire video. I thanked God when it was over. That was by far the worst video I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe anything like this has ever been made! This is terrible! You are right when you say that celebrities are too exposed to the world. I agree 100%! At times I feel like celebrities cause problems just to get in trouble and get in the public eye. After all, all we hear about is the bad stuff that happens to them. A few awards are here and there, but I hardly hear about the charity work they have done. The drugs, alcohol, and sex is what we hear about. This is bad media coverage especially for young teen girls who want to “be just like them” when they grow up. What are we teaching the younger generations?!

Cara said...

Alot of people thought this video was really funny and I know it aired on that best week ever thing. But I completely agree with you. I mean the only reason that these people can get away with this stuff is because the paparatzi is giving the crap priority and people are eating it up. It like they like to pretend that if these people are being watched they arent, and they can just ignore the real social issues. How sad is it that young girls will know more about Paris, Brittney and Lindsey than they will know about Susan B Anthony or Jackie O or Princess Di. And its even more sad that we allow the paparatzzi to destroy these peoples lives. Its pathetic really.

Kate said...

I have never seen this video before and now I'm officially horrified. The Paris look-a-like freaked me out. I thought it was pretty funny that they did it to Paris's song, the song is so terrible both ways. I didn't even find this video funny because I'm so sick of hearing about these celebrities and going to jail or re-hab or being on probation. I have absolutely no clue why the media seems to think that I care about that. I think these things should stay in Us Weekly or People. I totally agreed with what you were saying about celebrites being too exposed and also I didn't want to see the slutty clothes and the creepy police officer or her cell mate Mitch, it was all just repulsive.